Thursday, November 1, 2012

Catch up!

     Wow it has been  awhile since I've updated this thing! Let's get started! August 25th was my 24th (UGH) birthday! Believe it or not I had a very hard time with turning 24! I think this is because I have accomplished many things I wanted to, but at the same time there are things that I hadn't accomplished yet that I wanted to. I do have to say it turned out to be a pretty great, thanks to my awesome husband!
     We packed up and headed to Colorado Springs. I LOVE springs!  Husband and I arrived at the Manitou Cliff dwellings. They were super cool and interesting. They were very well preserved. You could walk in them and get an idea of how they lived. We spent about 4 hours there then it started to rain, so we hurried into the gift shop until the storm had passed. After the cliff dwellings husband and I just drove around springs to look at the fire damage that had occurred a few months before. Before we knew it, the sky was turning dark. We had discussed going to Seven Falls at night... So we did. I have to say it was pretty freaking awesome! You sure do get your work out in while viewing the beautiful lights of the falls. There were 224 steep steps, but they were so worth it once you get to the top of the falls. The lights of the falls changed lights every few seconds. The night was perfect!
     After we left the falls we decided to go get a birthday dinner. It was 11 p.m. when we decided this, so not much was open. I chose applebee's which was pretty yummy. After dinner we headed to our hotel. We stayed in my favorite hotel ever, marriott tech center in springs. It just brings back a lot of childhood memories, i guess is why i love it!
     The next day we got up and started our day off by visiting the Pro Rodeo hall of fame. Let's just say i learned a lot and got to see a glimpse of what my husband likes. After that we drove to the cave of the winds! I would have to say it was definitely worth the money! Preston and I decided we want to go back and do the lantern tour (where you literally just have a lantern and have to crawl through parts of the cave!)  The tour took a few hours and by the time we were done husband and I were starving! We grabbed a quick lunch and then we were off to our next adventure!
     Our next adventure was miniature golf.... I don't gt to play golf a lot anymore since I work a billion hours. So husband took me to this fun mini golf place. We played a couple rounds and I hate to say it but husband kicked my butt! (I guess I should just stick with real golf) 
     Preston and I were both sooooo hot when we were done so we decided to go to an air conditioned building which just happened to be furniture row! We looked around tested out beds, chairs and couches. It was pretty fun and we got a chance to cool down.
     When we were done there we decided that we should head home since both of us had to work. But of course we could not leave springs without stopping at my favorite pizza place! Fargo's has been a go to place for my family ever since I can remember... it also has delicious pizza! Now enjoy the pictures :)

Cliff dwellings
The sign at the bottom of the falls
Husband and I

Preston at the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame
One of the beautiful falls
Preston before our tour at cave of the winds

The "city" at the cave of the winds

Cave of the winds

the walls of the cave of the winds
It's huge!



Love him! <3

    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment