Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Beginning

      Well, several people have been bugging me to start a blog! So here I am! I guess I should give you all some background, so let me start from the beginning! My now husband (Preston) and I were set up by a mutual friend. At first I wasn't too crazy about the idea because I was not looking for a boyfriend or anything like that because I was allllll about nursing school at the time. But, my parents happened to be in Manassa with me at the time. As always, I went to my mom looking for advice. She told me to go out with him and at least try it. I thought "oh of course you are going to say that!" Preston and I had NOTHING in common at the time, besides us both being human. Let me just say here and now I'm so happy I listened to my mom this time! 
       Our first date was dinner with Preston, me and our mutual friend (awkward I know but SHE INSISTED SHE COME!) We had dinner at a yummy Mexican restaurant. After that, we ALL went for a ride around the Valley. Preston showed me a lot of different parts of the Valley I didn't even know existed. After a few hours of driving around our friend got tired. Preston and I took her home. When we dropped her off we decided to drive around more. Preston is very knowledgeable about history and such. He told me many interesting things that night. I learned a lot from him. Preston dropped me off at my house, as I got outta his huge pickup I thought to myself "You blew it". I was thinking that because I kind of had a bad attitude and very shy.... yes shy. But a few days later he called and asked me out again. This continued until May of 2011. I then moved back to Sterling with my parents because things were just not working out for me in the Valley. Preston came to visit me in June. We went to go see his sister(who happens to work at a jewelry store) in Loveland. While we were there his sister's co-workers whisked me away and started showing me all this stuff and asking if they could clean my necklace. I found out this was all a cover up. 
       We said goodbye to his sister and we headed to Sephora, where I wanted to just exchange an item. Preston said he wanted to just wait in the car. I didn't think anything of it. I came back to the car and we were on our way home. When we got back to sterling he said "Let's go to a park or something". I thought that was kinda weird because him and I were pretty tired. So, I lead him to one of my most favorite parks, but when we pulled up he said "There are too many people here." I thought to myself "well there are like 2 people here... somethin is up". I directed him to another park and he was anxious I could tell because he kept saying "Did you have to take the long way?" When in fact it was the quickest way there. 
       Preston and I got out of the car and walked up a nice little wooded path as we got to a little river Preston looked at me and said "Sorry I couldn't afford the ring." Then he got on one knee and pulled out a RING! I was pretty shocked! Come to find out while I was in Sephora Preston had called my dad and asked if he could marry me. As you all know, I said yes! 
       I came home and nonchalantly held out my hand on top of a box of shoes I had bought that day. My mom's expression was PRICELESS! My dad was out of town at the time visiting his mom and dad in the Valley. They both were so happy. 
      The planning started right then and there! I have some awesome sisters they are pretty creative! They helped me plan my wedding in 8 weeks! Preston and I were married on August 12th, 2010 in Sterling. We had an awesome time and I was so happy all my family could be together again!
A couple of our engagement pics
                                            
                                           
Thanks to my sister Jillian for doing our pics for us!
                                         
Siblings!
                                                                     Our yummy, pretty cake!
Our yummy, pretty cake!
                                                               
Just me and my dress
                                
My niece Ashlyn and I (I'm putting on a necklace)
My dad and brother
Little sister and I
Pink high heels (:

Oh boy he has already started!

Nieces and nephews minus brynlee and dallas

high heels and shoes

We begin our journey (:
 
 
       
 

3 comments:

  1. Haha I love it. Good job court! You did a great job telling the story!! See ya at the next wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Courtney. Call me sometime and I can walk you through the making your blog private. You did a good job. Here comes the final wedding for awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! you have a blog! I'm glad you made one. I really like how you told your story of how you two met. Cute! Now we can stay in touch and see pictures too.

    ReplyDelete