Monday, May 7, 2012

It's That Time of the Year!

     Two weekends ago Preston and I were getting spring fever! So, we decided to do something we both enjoyed doing.... 4-wheeling! I love taking out the 4-wheeler and just roaming around. It was set, Preston and I and one of his co-workers and his friend were going on a little adventure! This was my first Saturday off in a month! I was so stoked and so was Preston.
     Saturday morning Preston got up and gathered all of our gear ( we had packed the night before). Husband loaded the 4-wheeler into his big pick-up and then he decided I needed to drive... I think he wanted me to drive is so he could see how I drive his pick up, since I'm used to my car. So with a little hesitation I jumped in, started it up and we were on our way. First, we had to make a stop at Subway. This is where we always stop to get a meal for our 4-wheeling trips. After that Preston decided to drive so we could get there faster.
     We finally got to the Sheriff's office and met up with his co-worker. After that we headed out! We went south into New Mexico and rode on a bunch of different trails down there in the Carson National Forest. It was a very nice, warm day! The mountains were so pretty. A little after noon we decided to stop and eat our lunch. We had lunch by a river on a rock that stretched out over the river! It was so pretty! We packed up and headed out again. Preston being crazy as always decided he needed to "wash the 4-wheeler" what that really means is he wanted to play in the water. Without me knowing really, he took a sharp turn into the river and we went across. Me, being a little bit paranoid about getting wet, I got the tip of my big toe wet! At least it dried fast!
     Preston and I explored some new trails and then met up again with his co-worker. There was still plenty of daylight and warmth so we headed back towards the Sheriff's office. We took a detour to these dirt pits. It is always a fun time to ride at these pits, the downside is the amount of dirt that gets in my eyes! Even with sunglasses on, I still managed to get dirt in my eye... so not thinking, I rubbed my eye! While in the process of doing that my contact fell out! For all of you who don't know I'm literally blind as a bat! I had packed contact solution but no extra contacts, so I was blind for about an hour! After that took place, husband said he would take me home. So that is exactly what he did! When we got home we both discovered we were sunburned! How the heck did that happen? I applied sunscreen like every 2 hrs... maybe it had to do with being over 10,000ft? Who knows, all I know is that I hurt like crazy, got tan for a few days and now I'm back to being white as white can be.... crazy how that works huh?  Hope you all are having a great spring!

4 comments:

  1. oh geez Jills really?! You are a dork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um! I want to go 4-wheeling sometime! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you guys need to come down! We have an extra bedroom and bed! plus plenty of floor space! So come on down anytime! We would love to see ya!

    ReplyDelete