Monday, May 7, 2012

WORK

     Some days I love my job (when things go as planned, and smooth) other days it's like why do I bother?! Friday was a mess literally! Friday was the 5th day of work in a row.... for those of you who say oh that is a normal work week... not for me... I work 12 hour shifts at a fast paced high stress job. So I was exhausted, not to mention I had not seen hubby all week due to our different schedules and all of his other jobs. Anyways, Friday I go into work and I already knew it was a hectic day by the look on everyone's faces. Come to find out that one of our patients had C-Diff. For all of you who don't know what that is here is the definition "Clostridium difficile (klos-TRID-e-uhm dif-uh-SEEL), often called C. difficile or C. diff, is a bacterium that can cause symptoms ranging from diarrhea to life-threatening inflammation of the colon." Yeah it is GROSS! Not to mention this patient wanted to share it with all of us. We had to straight bleach EVERYTHING. The patient did not have any other clothes either so he just sat in it his whole treatment which is 4 hrs long! After he left he stunk up the whole office again! But that is just the beginning. The day continued to get worse. One machine went down, we had people come in late, people bleed forever and it just went on and on. So by the time the last patient left I was EXHAUSTED! I called hubby ( he was in Sanford being a cop). He told me to come down, so I went and picked up some dinner and headed down there. I hadn't really seen him at all that week so he wanted me to come ride along with him in the cop car. That's exactly what I did. It was prom that night so he had to do security checks at the high school where prom was taking place. When we went in it brought me back to how awkward those dances were and high school was. Can I just say how glad I am that those days are over... for me anyway. 
     After riding around with him for six hours I decided to call it a night since I had to work the next day. Preston stayed out and patrolled until about 3 a.m. I went to work again Saturday it was nothin special, text husband and he told me to come down again. I like riding around with him, we get to talk and I get an insight to what he does. Preston and I only stayed until 10 that night because Preston had only got 4 hours of sleep the night before. Those couple of nights were pretty uneventful for me but for Preston they were pretty busy. 
     Sunday came around and we were both pretty exhausted but we were ready to tackle the next week! We hope all of you guys have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. sorry you had such a stressful week but I think its so nice you get to go to work with him sometimes. I bet that makes a huge difference. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it does make a big difference especially cuz thats bout all i got to see of him that whole week so I didn't care what we were doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is nice to see Preston when you can. Those early days are really hard. Heck they get hard now. I hope you can find another job or move somewhere else. Its awful to deal with that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete